Monday, June 22, 2009

The Home Stretch

View from 'our' (shared) rooftop in the East Village

Fire escapes never looked so good.

Painted building... can't remember where sorry!

Top - Construction debris squished into tiny little roller trolleys, presumably as a result of working in building with small lifts/narrow hallways. Bottom - exterior of the incredible Comme de Garcons store in Chelsea. We went to see art - but ended up shopping. What can you do?

More stunning greenery on the streets of NYC. Top image taken in Chelsea... Bottom image is a close up of a stunning Dogwood tree (thanks for the botanical info Mum!). I am so in love with these gorgeous trees which seem to be all over New York . I am definitely going to have to find a Dogwood tree in Melbourne...

Ok so this is the last day of NYC stuff, and I am flying home today! I'll be back in Melbourne at 2pm tomorrow.

Anyway, I can only apologise (again!) for the sketchy posting these last few weeks... I have been so inspired by this trip and still have lots to share, including a San Francisco shopping guide which I have been feverishly trying to finish, and an interview with everyone's favourite design blogger - Grace Bonney of Design*Sponge! All this I promise will be up later this week, but in the meantime, I hope you don't mind today's very lazy post - essentially just a collection of random NY photos and observations...

From this Wednesday I'll be back to regular posts every morning, Monday - Friday! Promise ;)

Giant scribble? I don't know what this is about... but I like it.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing with us all Lucy, it has been great stopping by for my ny fix : )

    i look forward to seeing the posts you put together over the next few days too. i hear san fran is so good but have never been.

    safe travels back to oz x

    ReplyDelete