Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Melbourne Home - Neryl Walker




Remember a little while ago I posted about illustrator Neryl Walker's stunning Home Beautiful kitchen makeover?

Well, the gorgeous before and after shots got me more than a little curious about the rest of Neryl's home... so I asked if she would share some more of her beautiful 1950's-inspired pad in East St Kilda. Lucky for us Neryl has generously shared a shot of almost every room in the house... and is it just me or is every room absolute gold!?


Not everyone could pull off such a stylised home... but it seems Neryl was perhaps born into the wrong era! The pink and green bathroom.... agghhhhh tooo gorgeous! It's so nice to see all the original 50's features proudly shown off, rather than ripped out and replaced with contemporary, generic cabinetry and fittings! Even the brand new, somewhat space-age(!) kitchen has maintained Neryl's unique sense of style and retro-inspired detailing.

Aaaaghh. Cutest bathroom in the WORLD? Perhaps?

It all feels fabulously technicolour... like a set from Bewitched or I dream of Jeannie - only a little more rock 'n roll!

Love your work Neryl! Thanks so much for sharing! xx


A cluttered hallway never looked so good...

Neryl's workspace - those are her paintings up top.

15 comments:

  1. Wow - she's got some sweet vintage finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited about a new instalment of Melbourne Homes! Thanks Lucy.

    This home is amazing. The little record cabinet especially. that bathroom blows my mind. and the coffee table! the big "o" in the hallway! i could go on..

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing!! she must have been collecting things all her life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I can't take all the credit here, my husband art director Tim Haynes and I have been collecting for years. Of course he has awesome taste and a keen eye! Even some of the artwork is his.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lucy! I love the style of this place. I love all the little things and the way that she has put all the little things together. So sweet.

    Thanks for showing this and thank you to Neryl too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lucy! I love the style of this place. I love all the little things and the way that she has put all the little things together. So sweet.

    Thanks for showing this and thank you to Neryl too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh thanks Amy, Nicole, Imogen, and Josephine for all your great comments! I am so busy I haven't been responding to all the comments recently... but I really truly appreciate your feedback! I'm so glad you all share my enthusiasm for Neryl's gorgeous home!

    Neryl - so sorry this post is all about you with no credit to your fella! Top work Tim! I get so girl with this blog... I didn't think to mention your husband's input! Shame on me! Anyway I can't thank you guys enough for sharing your beautiful home with all us snoops... love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We Baby Boomers take great comfort in retro interiors. It looks a safe and relaxing haven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love her home! Especially the patio set up. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow - just so fabulous! I love seeing such personalised style. You can tell it's a home that's lived in, and not just for show, and that Neryl and Tim are passionate about their personal style and collections.
    Truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! This would be my dream abode.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bathroom is so often left out of features on amazing homes - I'm so happy to see you included the bathroom. What a bathroom! x

    ReplyDelete