Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hella Jongerius on DDFA



The DDFA (Dutch Design Fashion Architecture) make great little films about Dutch designers and design happenings, especially for the web. So many goodies to sift through, but I especially love this one profiling legendary Dutch ceramicist Hella Jongerius. LOVE the dolly shots through her studio with beautiful chalky pottery stacked up high! And did you know it was Hella who collaborated with Vitra to reproduce the classic Eames Lounge chair and ottoman in white leather? Me neither!

What an inspiring international crafty lady. Her website has so many SERIOUSLY brilliant images of her work on there... well worth a visit.

3 comments:

  1. Ah Lucy, I absolutely ADORE Hella and her work! I visit her website almost monthly - I am so drawn to her aesthetic, her approach, her way of thinking. She is amazing.
    Thank you for posting this video - I haven't seen it before and I loved the way she spoke about the colour industry and in the way in which she examines the colour to put it all together for Vitra. I recently visited the Unifor showroom in Sydney and I noticed how beautiful and very fresh all their pieces looked, and it was explained to me that this had to do with Hella. What a clever, talented and passionate lady she is.
    x dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really enjoyed watching this video. can you suggest any other websites which have interesting design/art content?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes this has been a wonderful education and so so inspiring, it makes me want to mix paint when painting in a much more considered way.

    And I am desperate for the part glazed ceramics.

    All the best for Milano.x

    ReplyDelete