Monday, October 26, 2009

Presents!

Amazing hand-made chest of drawers by my sweet fella Gordon Johnson. (He does not have a website. He is allergic to self-promotion).

Gratuitous detail shot. See-through drawers! Fancy schmancy.

OH my goodness you guys are so lovely with all the sweet birthday comments, emails and tweets! Thankyou thankyou thankyou! :) I am the luckiest blogger ever. Also, so sorry I was totally out of wack with the timezones so my first D*S post is taking way longer to pop up than I realised! Sorry about that.

In the meantime, I had a few requests to see my beautiful new chest of drawers, courtesy of my very clever boyfriend Gordon, who can make these things with his own two hands. Amazing!

I love the pearly, coffee coloured timber finish.... It's Queensland Walnut. Also perhaps my favourite thing is the smokey-coloured see-through acrylic drawers! Fancy fancy.

For some crazy reason (I think because he wasn't sure if the chest of drawers would be finished in time), Gord also bought me these beautiful vintage posters by Rene Gruau from the wonderful Galerie Montmartre! Oh my. It's a bit ridiculous, no?

Le Rouge Baiser posters from Galerie Montmartre! (Sorry for the reflection)

18 comments:

  1. lordy lordy.. you are a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nonono... I think it's just enough! ;)
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gordy, so very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, lucky you Lucy! And what a talented man you have... get him a website! Please post photos of your gorgeous pressies when they're in situ (with your things all around)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the drawers! So special when someone makes something just for you - they are the best kind of pressies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH thanks so much for your lovely comments! :)

    Yes SO lucky. Lucky lucky lucky.

    Isn't he clever!?

    I am still recovering from the excitement :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, get that man a website! Those drawers are incredible - what a talent. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - those drawers are just delicious! They are just so beautifully finished and love the choice of wood.
    Congrats too Lucy on the Design Sponge blog post - it's lovely to be recognised by your peers for your hard work and you deserve it! Well done - look forward seeing your other posts over there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow wow. you are so lucky! and Gordon is some amazing talent - I would die for those drawers. Happy belated birthday. I'm loving reading your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that cabinet is a serious kinda fabulous! The detailing is super fancy! Was it an extra special numero birthday to receive such gifts?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a clever boy! "allergic to self promotion" ... fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday Lucy! I absolutely love your blog. I thought I knew Melbourne but you definitely keep me informed about some fantastic gems. Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belated birthday wishes! How romantic your lovely man is, he must adore you. Very, very sweet.
    x
    m

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY you are one lucky girl! those draws are AMAZING! what a talented boy you have!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks again for your sweet comments everyone! Kirsty, Evie, Madeleine and Singasong... lovely comments thankyou so much!

    Madeleine it made me laugh when you said the thing about Gord being 'romantic'!! Ha ha ha. He is so not romantic! But I guess this could be considered a romantic gesture!

    I'm glad he doens't read my blog... I'm sure he would be most embarrassed by all our girly oohing and ahhing! But I love it! Thanks ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey - nice article on the SMH at the weekend. Where can we find more info on Gordon's work ?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Neilp - thanks so much for your comment :) Alas Gordon has no website currently and is only working on commissioned pieces... I am trying to get him to put his work online, slowly slowly! I will be sure to plug it when he has a website and/or regular stockists...! Thanks so much for your interest in his work! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. design@innateinteriors.comFebruary 16, 2010 at 2:02 PM

    I LOVE these drawers, I need to commission a piece for a client - does Gordon have contact details??

    ReplyDelete