Friday, August 1, 2008

Catalina Estrada and My Little Pony



My Little Pony is celebrating its 25th birthday this year, and to celebrate Hasbro has commissioned 25 artists to customise/design 25 of their famous ponies. The full collection will be released later this year... but a few teasers can be seen on the My Little Pony Project website. The originals will be auctioned for charity in New York later this year. My favourite so far is South American artist Catalina Estrada's offering... such intricate detail... I love the folk art style and the white and blue. Hasbro should totally manufacture this design!

I recommend a closer look at Catalina Estrada's work. She is a superstar! She's collaborated with so many great companies and people - Paul Smith, Camper shoes, Nike (love 'em or hate 'em).... packaging for Coca Cola and Lindt chocolate... the list goes on. Much much more to be seen in her portfolio and her Flickr.

Estrada's work for Camper

Catalina Estrada hangs a solo exhibition in Barcelona (2006)

1 comment:

  1. If that is a teaser of the collection of my little poinies I can't wait to see the full collection, Beautiful

    ReplyDelete