Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Husk Window Display


Husk window display - I love how all those colours are working together - the dresses in the foreground and the bags on the floor. Gorgeous. (Sorry for the reflection)

I was at Husk in Hawksburn on the weekend... I just love that shop - a peaceful atmosphere, a beautiful interior, and a unique collection of fashion and homewares from all around the globe. Somehow my wardrobe has been getting more and more black and white in the last few years, but Husk's collection makes me want to dress up in oranges and mustards and acid yellow (that dress in the window is beckoning me!) If only my wallet could keep up.

Anyway, as usual they had a stunning window display - a gigantic set of knitting needles stands crossed behind the mannequins, with a swatch of knitting in bright orange nylon rope hanging from them. It's such a cute concept... I like the reference to handmade crafts - as many of Husk's labels have handmade elements. It's also a nice reminder that winter's around the corner... despite today's temperature!

(I also couldn't help but notice also how well this ties in with Friday's post about Tin&Ed's fantastic oversized 'wool' props for the Tourism Victoria campaign!)

Previous windows - stunning stuff.

ps) Also the cafe at Husk is so lovely - I recommend the incredible date and apricot fruit toast for breakfast (from Baker D. Chirico - of course) or the Chicken sandwiches for lunch (sounds boring but they're so tasty).

Husk (Hawksburn Store)
557 Malvern rd , Toorak

Mon-Thurs 9.00am - 5.30pm
Fri 9.00am - 6.30pm
Sat 9.00am - 5.30pm
Sun 10.00am - 5.00pm

0 comments:

Post a Comment