Sunday, March 2, 2008

Helen Musselwhite



There's something about paper... I've always loved the variety of textures and colours and the fragility of paper as a material. Papercutting seems to be having a bit of a resurgence at the moment... I've posted about Rob Ryan's stunning work before... but these intricate 'paper sculptures' are by UK artists Helen Musselwhite. I can't even imagine the hours that go into them. I think I like the all-white ones best. You can buy them on her website... I thought they were quite reasonably priced actually. Also she takes commissions. I have weddings on the brain currently (I went to two weddings on the weekend - what are the chances?!) and I think a beautiful framed all-white paper sculpture (like the butterflies above) would make the most perfect wedding present...

0 comments:

Post a Comment